Personal Custom Login Screen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This tutorial explans how to create your own login screen for City of Heroes that will override the image supplied by the server.
- Perl - I would recommend downloading the latest version from Strawberry Perl
- Texture_converter tool
- Your favourite image manipulation software
- Install Perl
- Extract the texture tool zip file to a suitable directory i.e.
- Create an image file of any major type (jpg, bmp, png, dds).
The image MUST be 1024 pixels by 1024 pixels, but only 1024 by 768 is displayed.
- Save image in the
COH_LogInScreen_Background.png(or whatever file type)
- In the same directory create a file called
textinfo.txtwhich has the following contents:
COH_LogInScreen_Background.png -rbg -nomips 1024x768
- Run the texture_converter.pl script
C:\> perl texture_converter.pl
- If you get an error similar to "sleep(2147450879) too large at texture_converter.pl line 13." that's okay.
- Browse to
COH_LogInScreen_Background.texturefile should be there
- Create the library tree in your client executable folder
\data\texture_library\GUI\CREATION\HybridUI\LoginScreen\and paste the texture file there.
- Launch your client to see your screen!